Ten Questions With… Aimee Talbot – Barista & Manager, Leroy Espresso, 191 Acland St. St Kilda.
1. TCG: If you weren’t a barista what would you be?
Aimee:A consultant, but then again, a Barista is a Consultant at times really!
2. TCG: How do you have your coffee at home? How do you make it and how do you take it?
Aimee:I don’t drink coffee at home, I wait until I get to work!
3. TCG: What’s the best thing about your job- the one thing that you really love aside from the coffee?
Aimee:My customers and the great energy that Leroy Espresso has.
4. TCG: What is your favourite music? (For work or for play).
Aimee:Anything apart from ABBA!
5. TCG: Tell us what your best (or first) coffee experience was.
Aimee:My best experience was when I got an incredible coffee off a barista named Sergio. It was like a cup of heaven!
6. TCG: If you’re not drinking coffee, what is your drink of choice?
Aimee:Herbal tea from Tea Drop, great taste and a good detxoifyer.
7. TCG: Do people often try and chat you up at work? Have you ever taken the offer up?
Aimee:Being that I meet an amazing selection of people on a daily basis, it’s only natural that I am occasionally tempted.
8. TCG: What food do you think is the best compliment to a really great coffee?
Aimee:Coffee can be quite diverse and go with a number of things. I personally love my coffee with a homemade, oozing chocolate brownie served with Marscapone from, once again, Leroy Espresso!
9. TCG: Does your coffee style (or how you drink it) say something about you?
Aimee:Silky, sexy and a little bit hardcore!
10. TCG: What has been your favourite moment as a barista? Is there one story that only happened to you because you are a barista?
Aimee:Everyday has a story. Given the amount of people you come across as a Barista, having “moments” and different experiences are a given, factor in my location (Acland Street) and now let your imagination be the judge! I could almost write a novel.